If you're borrowing for the first time:
- Fill out the membership application. We'll send you a welcome email after we process it.
- Join the Neighborgoods group "Mount Rainier Community Tool Shed" which is where you'll go to borrow from the tool library.
- That's it! You're all set up.
Once you're set up:
- Log in to Neighborgoods.net. Click on the Mount Rainier Community Tool Shed group in the left column.
- On the Tool Shed's group page you can click the Inventory tab to browse or search for tools. Searching works best in the Chrome web browser.
- Find what you want, click Borrow and fill out the request form. Be sure to mention when you'd like to pickup the items and the best way to get in touch with you. We'll follow up with you to confirm the pickup details. The video below walks you through the process.
The rules for tools:
- Tools are available only for residents of, or businesses based in, Mount Rainier.
- A yearly membership fee of $5 is required when you first borrow a tool.
- Tools must be returned in the condition in which they are received.
- Some tools require a deposit.